Nominate Your Veterinarian!
Nominate your veterinarian for the OVMA Award of Merit as part of the 2024 OVMA Awards Program! The deadline to submit a nomination is Oct. 1. Award winners will be announced at the OVMA Conference and Trade Show.
The OVMA awards recognize veterinarians who have made extraordinary contributions to the profession. This could be:
- Providing exceptional service in practice.
- Showing leadership in the community.
Award of Merit
This award recognizes individuals for their practice of, or help to, veterinary medicine. It is awarded for distinguished public service to the veterinary profession in any form.
Eligibility/Requirements: All veterinarians who are members of OVMA are eligible for nomination. Candidates may be nominated by the general public or by members of the veterinary profession. Supporting letters from members of the animal health sector, veterinarians or the general public must accompany each nomination.
How to submit a nomination
- Confirm with the veterinarian (or a member of their staff) that they are an OVMA member. The nominee must be a member to be eligible for this award.
- Collect letters of support and additional materials that show how the veterinarian is extraordinary - the more the better!
- Complete the online nomination form and attach your supporting materials.
- The deadline to submit a nomination for the 2024 OVMA Awards is Oct. 1, 2023. If you have questions about the awards or submission process, contact Sabrina Silveira at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards nomination FAQ
How do I acquire supporting letters and documentation?
Approach other pet owners or clinic staff members to see if they would be willing to write a letter in support of your nomination. Look for newspaper or magazine clippings etc. that demonstrates the work your veterinarian does for the local community. The more information that you provide about your nominee, the better.
What do award recipients receive?
Award winners receive an engraved OVMA Award, free registration to the OVMA Conference and Trade Show, accommodation for one night (if needed) at the conference, and travel expenses to/from the conference.
When are awards presented?
Awards are presented during the annual OVMA Conference and Trade Show. Awards are not automatically awarded on an annual basis, but are awarded when at least one nominee meets the award criteria as determined by the OVMA Awards Committee and Board of Directors.
When is the deadline for nominations?
All nominations must be received at the OVMA office by Oct. 1 of each year. Nominations will be accepted after Oct. 1, but may not be considered until the following year’s awards program.