Nominate Your Veterinarian
Nominate your veterinarian for the OVMA Award of Merit as part of the 2020 OVMA Awards Program! The deadline to submit a nomination is Oct. 1, 2019. Award winners will be announced in January, 2020.
The OVMA awards recognize veterinarians who have made extraordinary contributions to the profession. This could be:
- providing exceptional service in practice
- mentoring recent veterinary graduates
- showing leadership in the community
Learn more about the OVMA Award of Merit (PDF).
Meet the 2019 OVMA Award winners!
How to submit a nomination
- Confirm with the veterinarian (or a member of their staff) that they are an OVMA member. The nominee must be a member to be eligible for this award.
- Members of the public can complete the nomination form using the Award of Merit criteria (PDF).
- Collect letters of support and additional materials that show how the veterinarian is extraordinary - the more the better!
- Send the nomination form and supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 1.877.482.5941 or mail to 420 Bronte Street South, Suite 205, Milton, On. L9T 0H9 c/o Sabrina Silveira.
- The deadline to submit a nomination for the 2018 OVMA Awards is Oct. 1, 2019.
Awards nomination FAQ
How do I acquire supporting letters and documentation?
Approach other pet owners or clinic staff members to see if they would be willing to write a letter in support of your nomination. Look for newspaper or magazine clippings etc. that demonstrates the work your veterinarian does for the local community. Please keep in mind that the more information that you provide about your nominee, the better.
What do award recipients receive?
Award winners receive an engraved OVMA Award, free registration to the OVMA Conference & Trade Show, accommodation for one night (if needed) at the conference, and travel expenses to/from the conference.
When are awards presented?
Awards are presented during the annual OVMA Conference & Trade Show in January. Awards are not automatically awarded on an annual basis, but are awarded when at least one nominee meets the award criteria as determined by the OVMA Awards Committee and Board of Directors.
When is the deadline for nominations?
All nominations must be received at the OVMA office by Oct. 1 of each year. Nominations will be accepted after Oct. 1, but may not be considered until the following year’s awards program.