Please note the 2018 OVMA Trade Show is now sold out. Companies that wish to be put on a waiting list can contact Patty Dawson, OVMA Manager of Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.670.1702 ext. 26.
For those companies currently confirmed and registered to exhibit as part of OVMA’s 2018 Trade Show, please refer to this web page for copies of all the required service order and information forms to ensure your company has a well run exhibit space.
- 2018 OVMA Registration Program: View the complete Conference Registration Program, including full educational program content.
- 2018 OVMA Exhibitors’ Prospectus: Refer to this document for additional copies of some of the order forms and information as required, which are specific to OVMA’s 2018 exhibiting companies.
- Accommodation: Hotel reservations can be made online or by contacting:
Westin Harbour Castle
1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1A6
tel: (416) 869-1600
fax: (416) 361-7448
A reserved block of discounted hotel rooms are available to OVMA conference participants for $223 (plus tax). Reservations need to be made directly with the hotel and you must identify yourself as an OVMA event participant. The reservation deadline is Jan. 12, 2018. Prior to the cut-off date, you're entitled to the group rate if you make your reservations and pay a deposit equal to the room rate for one night. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be accepted based on availability.
Please release any unneeded reservations as early as possible to ensure the maximum number of delegates are able to attend!
HOUSING SCAM ALERT: Please be aware of companies contacting you directly to make room reservations to attend the 2018 OVMA Conference & Trade Show. These companies are not affiliated with OVMA or the host hotel, the Westin Harbour Castle, but they may say they are! Neither OVMA nor the Westin will ever contact you directly to solicit hotel reservations. Don't ever give one of these companies your credit card information, as doing so may result in your credit card being compromised. They may also promise you a reservation that doesn't exist.
- Exhibitor Badge Registration: All exhibit representatives must be preregistered and only those with exhibitor badges and lanyards will be granted access to the trade show. Name badge lists must be submitted before Dec. 15, 2017. On-site exhibitor registrations may be subject to additional fees. Please refer to page 12 of your Exhibitors’ Prospectus for more registration details. For additional copies of the exhibitor badge registration forms, please refer to page 30 of the prospectus.
Exhibitor Badges will be available for pick up at the Exhibitor Registration Desk from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Wednesday, January 24, 2018. Beat the Thursday morning line up and pick up your name badge early! Please be advised:
- Exhibitor badges are not transferable between company representatives, regardless of time spent in the Exhibit Hall.
- Improperly badged personnel won't be granted access to the Exhibit Hall, or will be asked to leave the premises.
- Exhibitor badges don't permit access to the scientific sessions. Exhibitor personnel will be asked to leave session rooms.
Failure to adhere to event rules and regulations may restrict your ability to exhibit at future OVMA events. We thank you for your cooperation and adherence to these rules.
- Operation and Use of Exhibit Space: As outlined on page 12 of the Exhibitors’ Prospectus, all food/beverage for distribution from an exhibit space must be approved or purchased directly through the conference venue. No food or beverages may be distributed by exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall unless arrangements have been made in advance. Any unauthorized food/beverage items will be confiscated. Additional fees may apply. For more information or to inquire about approval of food/beverage distribution from your booth, please contact OVMA’s Manager of Continuing Education, Patty Dawson at email@example.com.
- Exhibitor CE Session Passes: In response to demand from exhibit representatives, Exhibitor CE Session Passes will be available. Please note the following regarding the availability of passes:
- Passes will be made available for single day or full conference use at a cost of $215 or $490, respectively. Exhibiting companies may purchase multiple passes.
- Each pass is transferable between all company representatives registered to attend that company’s exhibit.
- Company representatives using the CE Session Pass must wear their exhibitor badge, as well as a lanyard specifically assigned for the session pass. If both lanyards are not worn, they'll be asked to leave the lecture room
- Each pass allows one representative at a time to attend any general program offering. The pass doesn't allow access to specialty sessions (i.e. master classes, labs or any sessions requiring additional registration).
- Exhibitor CE Session Passes do not include lunch vouchers.
For additional information please contact OVMA’s Manager of Continuing Education Patty Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org. To purchase an Exhibitor CE Session Pass for your company, refer to the Exhibitor Badge Registration Form.
- Lunch Ticket Order Form: Please submit your completed form to order lunch tickets for your on-site company representatives for Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday. Lunch tickets are being provided by OVMA at a subsidized rate to all exhibitors. To keep booth rental increases at a minimum, lunch tickets are not included with the booth rental fee.
Lunch is provided for exhibitors each day beginning at 11:15 a.m. This is 30 minutes prior to the lunch break for scientific sessions. Exhibitors are encouraged to take advantage of this time to beat the lunchtime rush!
- Materials Handling: For information, refer to page 18 of the Exhibitors' Prospectus. This doesn't pertain to table top exhibitors, as material handling is not required for table top displays.
- Stronco Exhibitor Order Form Package: If the set up of your exhibit space requires any furnishings such as tables, chairs, carpeting or decorations, please place your order directly with Stronco.
Note: There are no furnishings included with booth rentals in the Main Exhibit Hall. Table top display exhibitors will be provided one (8 ft.) white skirted table, plus two grey stacking chairs. No furnishing substitutions are permitted. Only one table is permitted per individual display space rental. For additional information regarding table top and exhibit hall entitlement, refer to page 11 of the Exhibitors’ Prospectus.
- Shipping and Customs Information: This is included with the Stronco Exhibitor Order Form Package, as it's the official air and ground transportation carrier to handle all domestic and international exhibit shipments for the 2018 OVMA Conference & Trade Show.
- Canada Border Services Agency: A copy of the letter that needs to be presented to Canada Customs Officials at time of entry into Canada (for U.S. exhibitors) will be available soon. Contact Patty Dawson, OVMA manager of continuing education, if you require a copy.
- PSAV Presentation Services: PSAV is the official provider for audiovisual equipment needs, electrical service and any telecommunications (in-booth Internet) services. Refer to the information below for more details, and to the PSAV Trade Show Order Form to place your order for the following services:
- Audiovisual equipment rental: exhibiting companies requiring additional audiovisual equipment are encouraged to contact OVMA’s contracted audiovisual provider, PSAV.
- Electrical service order form: see order form online. Exhibitors requiring electrical service are required to complete and submit an order form directly with the Westin Harbour Castle’s electrical service provider, PSAV.
Note: Electrical service is NOT included with your booth rental. OVMA has negotiated special electrical service rates with the hotel’s provider, PSAV. One 15 amp service per 10 x 10 or table top exhibit rental can be ordered at a promotional “one day rate” of $80+++ per outlet, if arranged prior to the Jan. 10, 2018 pre-order deadline. Additional electrical service, or orders placed after Jan. 10, 2018, deadline will be billed at PSAV daily rates.
- Telecommunication Service Order Form Complete this form for in-booth phone and Internet service orders.
- Lead Retrieval Order Form: Gather even more client leads at the 2018 OVMA Conference & Trade Show. These scanners are portable, hand-held and require no power. Order your scanners today and save!
- Ontario Electrical Safety Code Requirements: According to Ontario’s Electrical Safety Code, all electrical products sold, displayed or connected to a source of power in Ontario must be approved by a recognized certification agency in Ontario. Approved products have been assessed to ensure they meet the safety requirements of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code. Electrical products that don't bear the mark of a recognized certification agency may be unsafe, and could pose serious electrical shock and/or fire hazards.
Unapproved products may not be sold, displayed or connected to a power source.
Exhibitors must check electrical products to ensure they've been approved and meet the electrical safety standards established for Ontario. More information, including a list of recognized marks and labels can be found by visiting www.esasafe.com/business/product-safety/product-approval.
Representatives from the Electrical Safety Authority may access the show at any time to ensure that all electrical equipment on display is:
a) approved, or
b) if unapproved, exhibitors have obtained from ESA one of the following:
i.Permission to Show, or
ii. Permission to Energize such equipment.
Permission must be granted by the ESA for any non-approved equipment prior to the start of the trade show. Failure to comply with these rules or the regulation is an offence, and upon conviction, a person or director/officer of a corporation could be found liable to a fine of up to $50,000 and /or imprisonment of not more than a year. A corporation may be found liable to a fine up to $1 million.
To ensure compliance, "Applications to Show/Energize” (as required for unapproved equipment), can also be found on the website noted above.
- Exhibitor Information Kits: Kits will be available for pick up at the Exhibitor Information Desk, located outside the entrance to the Exhibit Hall, on move-in day (Jan. 24, 2018) from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. This kit contains the final Conference Program, including the Exhibitors' Directory and your company representative registration badges. Ordered lunch tickets can also be picked up. You're strongly encouraged to pick up your information package early to avoid long wait times.
- Move-In Times: Confirmation of your move-in time will be provided in early January 2018. No exhibitor will be allowed access to the conference loading docks until their designated move-in time, unless arranged in advance. Adherence to your assigned move-in times helps to make the overall move-in process as smooth as possible. If your company doesn't require use of the loading docks, please notify OVMA as soon as possible.