Great Ideas Conference
June 28–30, 2017
Blue Mountain Resort, Collingwood, ON.
Book your hotel online or call1.877.445.0231. Use the group code: GRP122168
What is the Great Ideas Conference?
Read the Great Ideas Program
The Great Ideas Conference is an information-packed event held at a fabulous venue, offering:
- Top-notch Practice Management and Life Skills CE
- Opportunities to network with your colleagues and swap ideas on topics of interest to you
- A variety of recreational facilities and activities to help you de-stress and unwind at the end of the busy spring season.
Who Should Attend?
- Practice Managers
- Anyone who wants to improve their practice management and life skills
What You’ll Learn
The Conference features great “How-to” sessions on a wide range of Practice and Life Management topics. Each session is designed to provide you with tangible skills you can take back to your clinic and implement immediately. Topics include:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Resolution
- Health and Wellness
- Human Resources Management
- Social Media
- Personal Finance
In partnership with:
Dr. Marty Becker
Effective Fear Free Practices
“America’s Veterinarian” and best-selling author, Dr. Marty Becker, will share the positive impact of taking the ‘pet’ out of ‘petrified’, and give you practical tips on how to make your veterinary clinic fear free.
Do you deal with difficult people? Are you struggling to find the right words to get the results you want when dealing with clients and other staff members? Award-winning speaker Karen Purves will teach you simple but effective techniques to communicate more effectively and get the results you want, every time.
Dr. Deb Stone
Effective leadership is the cornerstone of every successful business. To be an effective leader, you need to hone your emotional intelligence and develop your conflict resolution skills. Dr. Deb Stone will teach you how to develop your personal brand and effectively lead change management to take your practice to the next level.
Plenty of Activities to Enjoy at Blue Mountain!
At Blue Mountain you’ll enjoy access to the widest variety of recreational activities available anywhere in Ontario right at your doorstep. Activities include:
- Treetop Walking
- Mountain Biking
Blue Mountain also offers team building activities for you and your team. Prices and availability vary. Contact OVMA for more information.
Sunrise yoga with Dr. Gwen Jeun overlooking the Blue Mountain Village
What attendees had to say about their last Great Ideas experience:
- "If you think you know it all - you don't! This conference provided enhancements to what is already being done in veterinary medicine and opened my eyes to what's changing in the future. It was well worth attending."
- "Great content for the whole veterinary team. Content that we all need. Great venue with lots of activities to participate in for the whole family! Will be attending next year for sure!"
- "The Great Ideas Conference was a GREAT IDEA. The venue was lovely. Quality speakers with interesting content. I would certainly attend again."