Great Ideas Conference
Save the date: June 20-22, 2018, at Blue Mountain Resort, Collingwood
What is the Great Ideas Conference?
The Great Ideas Conference is an information-packed event held at a fabulous venue, offering:
- Top-notch practice management and life skills continuing education.
- Opportunities to network with your colleagues and swap ideas on topics of interest.
- A variety of recreational facilities and activities to help you
de-stress and unwind at the end of the busy spring season.
Who should attend?
- Practice managers
- Anyone who wants to improve their practice management and life skills
What you'll learn
The Conference features informative “how-to” sessions on a wide range of practice and life management topics. Each session is designed to provide you with tangible skills you can take back to your clinic and implement immediately. Topics include:
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Health and wellness
- Human resources management
- Social media
- Personal finance
Plenty of activities to enjoy at Blue Mountain!
At Blue Mountain, you’ll enjoy access to the widest variety of recreational activities available anywhere in Ontario right at your doorstep. Activities include:
- Treetop walking
- Mountain biking
- Zip lining
Blue Mountain also offers team-building activities for you and your team. Prices and availability vary. Contact OVMA for more information.
2018 Conference Highlights
Great Management Ideas
Mark Opperman is NAVC Speaker of the Year and the recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award through the Veterinary Hospital Managers Association.
Mark will draw on over 30 years of experience working in veterinary clinics to teach you the most effective ways to manage your team and practice to ensure success.
Great Client & Patient Care Ideas
Dr. Mary Gardner
Dr. Gardner is a sought-after and highly entertaining veterinary speaker who has been featured in DVM News Magazine, Today's Veterinary Practice, Vetlearn.com, DVM 360, Entrepreneur Magazine and the New York Times.
Using her vast experience in palliative and end-of-life care, Dr. Gardner will share how to provide the best patient and client experience during a delicate time in a pet's life, while respecting the human-animal bond.
Great Marketing Ideas
Dr. Peter Weinstein
Dr. Weinstein has had a long and varied career as a veterinarian, including owning his own practice, acting as the Medical Director for Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI), and providing practical advice to veterinarians through his company, PAW Consulting.
Dr. Weinstein will talk about the valuable lessons veterinarians can learn from dentists, including how to leverage client relationships to help grow your practice.
Blue Mountain Village
Sunrise yoga with Dr. Gwen Jeun overlooking the Blue Mountain Village
What attendees had to say about their Great Ideas experience:
- "If you think you know it all - you don't! This conference provided enhancements to what is already being done in veterinary medicine and opened my eyes to what's changing in the future. It was well worth attending."
- "Great content for the whole veterinary team. Content that we all need. Great venue with lots of activities to participate in for the whole family! Will be attending next year for sure!"
- "The Great Ideas Conference was a GREAT IDEA. The venue was lovely. Quality speakers with interesting content. I would certainly attend again."
In partnership with: