Great Ideas Conference
June 20-22, 2018, Blue Mountain Resort, Collingwood, Ont.
Conference Registration Program (PDF)
Pre-registration is now closed. On-site registration with be available in the Atrium of the Village Conference Centre.
The registration desk hours are:
- Wednesday, June 20: 4 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 21: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, June 22: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
OVMA has negotiated special group rates for conference attendees from June 19-23:
Mosaic Studio - $174
Mosaic Bachelor - $189
Village Studio - $169
Village Bachelor - $184
To book your accommodations, visit the Blue Mountain website or call 1.877.445.0231. The group code to receive the discounted rate is GB00000123.
What is the Great Ideas Conference?
The Great Ideas Conference is an information-packed event held at a fabulous venue, offering:
- Top-notch practice management and life skills continuing education.
- Opportunities to network with your colleagues and swap ideas on topics of interest.
- A variety of recreational facilities and activities to help you
relax and unwind at the end of the busy spring season.
Who should attend?
- Practice managers
- Anyone who wants to improve their practice management and life skills
What you'll learn
The Conference features informative “how-to” sessions on a wide range of practice and life management topics. Each session is designed to provide you with tangible skills you can take back to your clinic and implement immediately. Topics include:
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Health and wellness
- Human resources management
- Social media
- Personal finance
Plenty of activities to enjoy at Blue Mountain!
At Blue Mountain, you’ll enjoy access to the widest variety of recreational activities available anywhere in Ontario right at your doorstep. Activities include:
- Treetop walking
- Mountain biking
- Zip lining
Blue Mountain also offers team-building activities for you and your team. Prices and availability vary. Contact OVMA for more information.
Developing "10" Employees: How to Hire, Train, and Discharge Your Staff (PDF)
Effective Motivation and Delegation Techniques (PDF)
The Ten Things: Top Ten List of not so Amazing Things Veterinarians & Managers do (PDF)
Making it Stick: Delivering on Effective Healthcare Recommendations (PDF)
Taking Down the Walls: Overcoming Communication Barriers in the Exam Room (PDF)
Clearing the Hurdle: Communicating the Cost of Veterinary Care (PDF)
Activating the Entire Team to Achieve Optimal Veterinary Outcomes (PDF)
Kim Pope Robinson
Training for the Marathon We Call a Career in Veterinary Medicine (PDF) (Work Sheet)
How to Manage Personal Emotions in Tough Conversations (PDF) (Work Sheet)
The 10 Tips: How to Become a Recovering Perfectionist (PDF) (Work Sheet)
Diagnosing and Treating Frustration - Yours (With Seemingly Uninformed, Skeptical or Unappreciative Pet Owners) (PDF) (Work Sheet)
Caring for the Geriatric Veterinary Patient (PDF)
The Caregiver's Dilemma: Assessing Quality of Life (PDF)
Planning for the End: Hospice Pearls, Caregiver Fatigue & Pet Loss Preparation (PDF)
Don't Upsell, Up Serve (PDF)
What Veterinarians Can Learn From Dentists: Part 1 (PDF)
What Veterinarians Can Learn From Dentists: Part 2 (PDF)
Education Marketing Retains Clients (PDF)
Creating a Retention Marketing System for Your Practice (PDF)
Jeff & Peg Thoren
Life Skills Series - Leadership (PDF)
Blue Mountain Village
Sunrise yoga with Dr. Gwen Jeun overlooking the Blue Mountain Village
What attendees had to say about their Great Ideas experience:
- "If you think you know it all - you don't! This conference provided enhancements to what is already being done in veterinary medicine and opened my eyes to what's changing in the future. It was well worth attending."
- "Great content for the whole veterinary team. Content that we all need. Great venue with lots of activities to participate in for the whole family! Will be attending next year for sure!"
- "The Great Ideas Conference was a GREAT IDEA. The venue was lovely. Quality speakers with interesting content. I would certainly attend again."
In partnership with: