VetCare is a proudly Canadian-owned acquirer and operator of veterinary practices, based in Vancouver, and with passionate associates across Canada. Our commitment to care is at the heart of what we do, from guiding our talented medical and operations teams, supporting practice owners through seamless transitions, and providing the highest quality of care to patients through our community-focused practices.
Fisher Glen Animal Hospital is excited to announce that we are looking for a full-time small animal Veterinarian to join our team. We are a small but full service animal hospital, offering the best of service and care to a very dedicated client base.
At Fisher Glen we know that the right clinic can make all the difference in a pet’s experience. That’s why compassionate, fear free care in a calm environment is so important to us, and that’s how we build such great relationships with everyone who walks through the door! Whether it’s a simple checkup, help caring for an aging pet, or a life-saving surgery, we are there for our clients every step of the way, always with a friendly, personalized approach. We know our clients well, and treat their pets like they were our own.
We are paperless, have digital xray, dental xray, laser therapy and amazing support staff. We offer a competitive, salary, paid holidays, medical and dental benefits, excellent staff discounts , a generous CE allowance and paid CVO dues, OVMA dues and VIN membership. We believe in a work/life balance and do not work weekends (that’s right- no Saturdays) or late evenings. We are affiliated with the Ottawa Animal Emergency and Specialty clinic so there is no on-call.
The Veterinarian demonstrates an exemplary standard of medicine with patients in a compassionate and caring manner. This DVM will be largely responsible for clinical work and will combine clinical expertise, emotional intelligence and utilizes a servant leadership mindset to promote excellence in veterinary medicine.
• Perform veterinary duties including but not limited to: examining, diagnosing and treating animals; prescribing and administering animal medications and vaccines; taking cell and tissue samples and performing diagnostic tests; performing surgery on animals.
• Advocate, prescribe and administer preventive care for the wellness needs of pets.
• Effectively communicate diagnosis and treatment plan to the practice team and the client.
• Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of the Practice’s systems.
• Commit to practicing a high standard of medicine, while upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
• Approach, greet, handle, and treat animals with kindness, compassion and patience. Involves contributing to an environment in which animals feel safe and secure.
• Build positive client relationships through remaining calm in all circumstances, displaying genuine care and compassion towards clients and their pets, being respectful in all interactions and providing exceptional customer service.
• Communicate ideas, express opinions and respond to team members in appropriate and respectful ways.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from an educational institute accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, or equivalent/comparable veterinary degree with eligibility to obtain a full license to practice in the province of work.
• 2 years of experience as a DVM.
• Proficiency in internal medicine, diagnostics, and preventive care. General surgery and general dentistry is preferred, but not required.
• Experience developing and implementing standards, procedures and structures to support high quality care and best in class experiences.
• Proven leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
• BASE SALARY STARTING AT $135K PER YEAR (FOR 5-7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE)
• SIGNING BONUS OF $5K
• CE opportunities with access to annual conferences, seminars, and CE allowance
• Networking, collaboration, and knowledge exchange with other veterinarians within our practices
• Continued investments in new technologies, advanced diagnostics, and modern facilities including digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, modern ultrasound and in-house lab testing
• Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Life insurance
• Variable pay program (Bonus)
• Flexible Schedule
• Paid dues and college fees
• Vacation & paid time off